Limestone Community High School
Limestone Community High School's Acceptable Use Policy
Limestone Community High School District 310 provides Internet and Intranet access for the purpose of promoting the use of telecommunication and networking technology as a tool to enhance staff methodology. All use of the network must be consistent with this purpose and be in accordance with this policy. In addition, the user may traverse another network and be subject to the guidelines of that network.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that those using the information resources will do so with respect for the public trust and in accordance with Limestone Community High School’s mission and education goals, policies, and regulations.
The Internet links computer networks around the world and provides access to a wide variety of computer and information resources. It is essential for each user on the network to recognize his/her responsibility in having access to vast services, sites, systems, and people. Sites accessible via the Internet may contain material that is objectionable, adult-oriented, or otherwise inappropriate. The user is responsible for his/her actions and may not access, download, or print from unacceptable sites. Access to the network is a privilege that requires that each user adhere to the responsibility of acceptable use. Violations of this type will result in disciplinary actions including possible suspension, dismissal, and/or appropriate legal action. Use of the network for any illegal activities is prohibited. Any electronic media storage device may be confiscated and searched for harmful objects that may cause damage to the school network.
Transmission of material in violation of any state or federal regulation is prohibited. This prohibition extends to, but is not limited to, copyrighted material, threatening, obscene, or any unlawful material, and material protected by trade secret. Use of the network for commercial activities, product advertisement, or political lobbying is prohibited.
Guidelines for Acceptable Use:
• Do not use offensive or inappropriate language, or language that would promote violence or hatred, and do not respond to such.
• Do not reveal your (or other’s) personal address, phone number, or credit card information.
• Do not use the network in such a way as to disrupt use of the network by others or abuse access time.
• Do not harass anyone by sending uninvited communication.
• Do not send electronic information from accounts that do not belong to you without the owner’s authorization.
• Do not access unauthorized or inappropriate areas on the network and do not change or interfere with information found on the network.
• Do not misrepresent yourself or your age.
• Do not make unauthorized copies of software or information.
• Do not access the network at Limestone Community High School without a signed Internet Use Agreement.
Limestone Community High School makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. Limestone Community High School reserves the right to modify the Acceptable Use Policy at any time. It is the responsibility of the user to check for policy changes. An on-line version will be made available to all users on the Limestone home page. Teachers and/or administrators will determine what inappropriate use is.